Monday, November 29, 2010

Work Life...

So work has been a big distraction in my life. I work in life insurance and year end is always super crazy as people are trying to meet goals and make the big bucks. I recently switched teams and couldn't be happier about it. After almost 3 years I even got a new cube. I use to sit next to an older women who is married but has never had any children, she is pretty full of herself. She will talk over you, interrupt you even if she is not a part of the conversation. So needless to say there was not much talking from this girl. My new cube has way more action and I have gotten to know other people a lot better... however it does make me feel lucky. There are several people who are having some marriage issues. The one common theme seems to be cheating...which I find crazy! My opinion on this is that if you are going to cheat why are you even with that person? and to be cheated on there is the door nice knowing you. Anyway, there is one girl who got married less then a month before me and she has had some major misfortune this year due to an extended medical leave to now after just a year of marriage a divorce in her future. I feel so horrible because she is a really wonderful person, full energy and loves life. This got me thinking about how when she use to talk about the love she had for her significant other and how she was head over heels in love with him to the point of disgusting I was slightly jealous. I had been with Joe for 3-4 years and these feelings were long gone... LOL. We were to the real stuff, where you know some one in and out. You know what buttons to push if you want to be annoying and what things to do to show him you love and respect him. This I think makes me truly lucky because I don't have to worry about being alone and starting over at 26. I have heard from a few people that their jealous of my life. I guess to be married, with a house, a dog and pregnant at 26 is every American women dream. Who would have known. Well enough distractions for one day back to my 1960's TV and futon.

No comments:

Post a Comment