Wednesday, February 16, 2011

2 days of work left

Well today was my last Wednesday at work for awhile... I have been looking forward to my time off and thinking about all the fun things people that don't work get to do, the sad part is I have this HUGE belly that is going to join me in these plans.

The last time I had this much time off was the summer after I graduated from college... finding a job is not the easiest or most fun task I have ever been given but my day entailed sleeping in, hanging out with my friends, going out drinking and tanning. This is not even going to be close to the same but I am hoping it is just as pleasant, minus the several trips to my midwife appointments and faced with the task of getting this alien out of my body and into the very excited arms of everyone (including myself).

At work my co-workers are just so excited for Joe and I, they have even planned a shower/potluck for Friday my last day. It is going to be great but a little bitter sweet because I know when I return things will be different again... it was announced our Manager is leaving, our consultant has been gone for over a month and there will be new hires with possible co-workers moving on to different things. The evolution of these changes are unstoppable but hard to know that these changes will happen without me around to adjust. It is just so strange and when you think about being a working women they never talk about the way your career freezes and you are just stuck in the now because there is so much unknown in having a baby.

I was talking with a co-worker about an opening and that there was a comment that people on our team didn't apply again... after the first posting received a huge response... I said that after my interview and advisement that I was still too green and the baby on board I realized that the role is just not a good fit for me. It is a high energy, solve peoples made up problems and get yelled at daily. I decided I didn't have the energy to throw myself into that role because I would like to be a good mom long before a successful career women. Plus there are other openings I feel I would be better at and would like to work towards.

Well Joe is at his dad's working on stuff for our kitchen so I better do something semi productive with my evening

No comments:

Post a Comment