Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 88 on the Futon

Well it has been awhile and so much has happened and not happened. We our still out of our home and living in my parents basement, the baby is now about 3 weeks out and I am in my final week of work. We have spent about the last 85 days fighting and expressing our disappointment of the remodel job of our home since the fire 88 days ago. We finally talked with the right person and got the owner of the restoration company out to our home to check up on the 'Project Manager' and based on that we are now moving backwards again, which is fine because the work needs to be done correctly but this takes time out of my limited nesting period. I still have 3 days of work left and hopefully it will go by fast but what an I going to do after that. I am also excited to move home and start living a more normal life...When I finally move out several years ago it never crossed my mind I would be back but everyone has adjusted and we have got to know all the kids again. I know Joe would never admit it but he knows his in-laws better then he ever thought he would and will cherish these strange times.

I would have to say this has been a wild roller coaster of emotions and frustrations. The past almost 9 months started out with fear and disbelief, then turned the corner to excitement and acceptance, which was quickly crushed by the horror of watching our house/hard work burn... Although they classified this as a small fire it seems far from that... this has stolen my energy, excitement and focus on the joys of bring a child into the world. I would say after everything I have finally made peace with being a mom and that we may not have a home to bring our bundle of joy too but the baby will never know the difference.

As everyone has said 'at least you have a good story to your kid when it grows up' the sad thing is I didn't want another story and this kid is going to be anything but normal base on these events... I just really hope it doesn't come out anxious, stressed out and pissed off at the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment