Thursday, September 16, 2010

171 days left

So today was a long day I realized that in my new position I have been doing several thing incorrectly. I also indirectly got someone yelled at which I feel horrible about because it is about the worst feeling in the world... I received my tongue lashing via email which is not a whole lot better. Tomorrow is Friday and I could not be more excited. However, last night Joe and I watch the movie 'Brothers' and for some reason I just cannot move on from the depiction of the sort of things that are happening over seas and the men fighting for our country. I could not even watch and or listen to part of the movie. Then he return home to his family that had moved on as they thought he was dead. Now I am on to what would I do if it was my kid decided to serve our country and how we spend all these years protecting them and making sure they turn out to be a good person. I know deep thoughts for a Thursday night but what do these parents do, how do they cope with the pain and how do we help these men who have experience so much in a matter of months or even years to get back to the lives they created long before this war. Well I am off to bed for hopefully happy dreams and hopefully only 1 trip to the bathroom tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment